improper installation???

atb1984

I have a hunch that AutoCAD MEP 2010 was not installed properly on my machine, and want to try and verify this before I go to the IT department (they aren't particularly knowledgeable with AutoCAD). I've come to this conclusion because of the following problems:

I cannot access any of the Express Tools.

The tab is not available to select, and when I try to use any express tools from the command line, I get an "unknown command" return. I checked the programs list, and AutoCAD Express Tools Volumes 1-9 is installed.

The default Plot Styles are not available.

monochrome.ctb, greyscale.ctb, and acad.ctb are not available from the plot styles dropdown.

What is available: AIA Standard.ctb, D A CH (monochrome) Scale 1-100.ctb, etc.

I've had other issues, but these are the ones that make me think MEP was not installed correctly. I'm new to AutoCAD MEP, so I've posted here hoping to confirm my suspicion. My uneducated guess is that AutoCAD MEP 2010 was installed but somehow the standard AutoCAD 2010 was not, if that's even possible.

Thanks in advance for any help!

As for the express tools situation, I would guess that the IT department did not install this during the installation, (it asks whether you want it or not in the custom configuration setup).

As for the table styles, maybe there was a computer with a profile setup and they just imported that in during migration perhaps? (this is a stab in the dark)

Thanks for the reply.

So if the express tools were not installed during initial setup, can I enable them in AutoCAD or does AutoCAD need to be re-installed?

That may be possible concerning the Plot Styles... I have the same question though, can the default plot styles be enabled or is a re-install required?

So if the express tools were not installed during initial setup, can I enable them in AutoCAD or does AutoCAD need to be re-installed?

Pop in your CD and click Add/Remove programs in the Control Panel (or Programs & Features for Vista/Win7) and you'll come to a screen that says "Configure". From there you can install Express Tools. It's just not apart of the default installation anymore.

That may be possible concerning the Plot Styles... I have the same question though, can the default plot styles be enabled or is a re-install required?

Your *.CTB plot styles that you want are in the following location locally:

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2010\enu\Plotters\Plot Styles

The current *.CTB plot styles that are defaulted are here: (for Vista anyways.... Win XP would be different)

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\MEP 2010\enu\Plot Styles\

Just go to your OPTIONS and change the path under the Files tab > Printer Support File Path > Plot Style Table Search Path.