Autocad 2D to 3D Courses/Tutorials..?

Smiler

Hi everyone,

This is my first post and i hope someone can give me some pointers.

I've used Acad since 1990 in the engineering & construction industrys but unfortunatley through job moves etc i have only ever used 2D.

I'm obviously being left behind skills wise and my current company is not interested in increasing their cad skills base 3D wise, although it would be beneficial to them.

So with this in mind can anyone recommend a course or tutorial that takes me from 2D to 3D and will allow me to study and work through in my own time?

Thanks in advance

Check out the CAD Institute offered through Murray State College. The courses cost about the same as one would at your local community college and come with the added benefit of free software (imagine using AutoCAD 2010 instead of 2002!). The courses are offered online and they are self-paced. Students receive a workbook and must complete assignments which are then emailed to the professor.

Here is a link to get you started:

http://www.cadinstitute.com/

By the way, I took the AutoCAD in 3D course.

@smiler

As someone already touched on a bit, you should check into what 3D program seems to be the industry standard for your industry. For example, you wouldn't want to spend all your time learning 3D AutoCAD, if your industry is using Revit or some other program.