Interior wall placement

cotts135

As a complete newbie to cad I was wondering what some of you out there have found to be the best way to set an interior wall on a floor plan. For instance you would like to place a 10' interior wall from say the upper left hand corner of the building? Are offsets the preferred method or are there other easier ways you have found?

I'm old school therefore I still use offsets. You can also copy a line in a given direction and a set distance (direct distance entry). I'm sure others will be along shortly with their suggestions.

I use off sets cos thats the way I started out and now I am quite fast at it. There are other guys in our office that use other methods and thay are fast at it also.

When you say you are new to Cad, what do you know about cad? If you are thinking of drawing two lines to represent a wall and you are hoping it's going to be there in elevation it won't be. If you are looking for something like this in the architectural field then I would suggest having a look at Revit Architecture. I have decided to learn this program my self. It's a steep learning curve but I'm gonna bite the bullet.

Cheers Dodge.