Edit Datalink through VBA

Shtevil

I was wondering if it's possible to edit a datalink's link options using VBA. If so has anyone done this?

I've set up a series of existing datalinks for our drawing revisions, but when i create a new sheet from a sheet template i want to bring in the data link and just reset the sheet it is referencing.

To do this manually you have edit the data link and it takes between 30 and 50 second for the modify excel link dialogue box to appear.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Steve.

• 5 years later...

i am researching on similar concept. i found a web page "http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2013/04/linking-attributes-and-table-using-dataextraction-api.html#comments".

there are information about how to create datalink and update etc. but it isnt vba.

can anyone tell which language is the code written in ?

thanks for the answer Mr. SEANT.

at the object browser of Autocad VBA i couldnt find anything related to creating datalink. is there some kind of library for VBA like in the C# ?

You are probably more qualified to answer that question than am I. I haven't done much with VBA in the last half dozen years.