• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• julian07

• Tiger

• ReMark

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried all the possible solutions from the old thread with no luck. I've also done the obvious check of pickfirst, pickadd and pickauto-all set to 1. The main issue is with fencing. I can directly select an object (with a slight 1-2 second freeze) but I cannot window or fence to select anything. Please please please someone help me.

I just noticed your profile says you are using Architecture 2015. I don't know anything about how that works, so I'll step back and let someone else take a stab. It would help if we knew your system stats including video card, and something about the drawing. Maybe post a copy of the drawing here, minus titles and proprietary stuff. Are you pulling in any xrefs? Is it 3D?

Welcome to CADTutor, :)

What visual style do you typically work in?

Try it in 2D Wireframe, if that is not your usual visualstyle, that may help.

Selecting anything. It can be as simple as a line. It's mostly when windowing or fencing the objects. Even just one object.

Well, as Dana mentioned, I guess we need to know a little bit about your computer. Processor, RAM, Video Card, Operating system, etc.

Also, do you have hardware acceleration enabled? http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-enable-or-disable-hardware-acceleration-in-AutoCAD.html

Selecting anything. It can be as simple as a line. It's mostly when windowing or fencing the objects. Even just one object.

What visual style do you typically use?

Sounds like a graphics issue possibly, if so 2D Wireframe might help. :|

Adaptive Degradation might provide some relief too.

Edited by Dadgad

Ahem. ;) (taps foot.);)

Answer a few of the questions we've posted, and it will go a lot faster, we have pretty much nothing to go an and there are literally hundreds of reasons this could happen.

• 4 years later...

I had a similar problem.  I had created a chart with asignificant amount of multiline text.  I then converted the chart/text to a block so that I could rotate and move it.  After a period of time I started having this issue.  I tried everything, purge, audit, copy into new drawing.  Nothing worked.  Finally I exploded the block and that resolved the problem.  I don't know why.