Looking for tool to fix General Properties

AQucsaiJr

This type of code is a little out of the scope for what I know how to do.

I need a tool, if it is possible to make, that will give the option to search all objects by general properties, color, layer, linetype, linetype scale, and lineweight, "Not the hard part", then allow the user to change any of the objects found general properties. Confusing to explain....

I want to start a program that can search for all objects on layer 'TEXT' and give me the option to change all the rest of the general properties for all objects found. Or, start a program that can search for all object on color 'RED' and give me the option to change all the rest of the general properties for all objects found.

**Forgot to mention, I need this tool to be able to search through blocks, which is why it is out of my scope, and why I cant just use quick select.

I have not done a highly in-depth search for such a tool because I have no idea what it would be called. If you know of such a tool or want to take on the programing challenge I would love the help.