Making gear system work Inventor 2009

wllmk1

I've been trying to create a gear system that works like a differential. This far I have done like this: I Create a 90 deg. bevel gear with design accelerator and place it (with cylindar face command) on two axels I have placed earlier. So now I have two gearwheels in a 90deg angle placed on two axels. This system works fine.

Problem comes when I try to add a third wheel to this system. I cant find any way to join it to two gearwheels I did earlier. Of course I can just place it on some axle and create a rotating constraint with it and the "center" wheel. But this way the differential doesnt work properly.. So is there any way to "dynamically" join the third gearwheel to this system. Im not native english speaker so this is propably pretty messy and confusing text.

So main question: How to join three gearwheels dynamically together?

You should have conical surface bodies at the pitch diameter. Add Rotational constraint to the new gear and the mating gear of original (the first two should already have proper constraint). Attach your assembly here if you can't figure it out.

So there is not any option to automatically mesh teeth with the third gear and the middle one? I didnt completely understand your answer cos my bad english but did u mean something like this: I manually drag the third wheel in place and spin it as long as tooth step seems to be ok? Then I just create a motion constrain between the center wheel and the third wheel?

I manually drag the third wheel in place and spin it as long as tooth step seems to be ok? Then I just create a motion constrain between the center wheel and the third wheel?

You will also need a Mate constraint for the axis of the gear at the correct distance from the axis of the mating gear. For the mesh of the teeth simply "eyeball" (hppe that translates) before adding motion constriant as the toothform is a simplified representation. (toothform is not precise)