Saving drawings as!

Wilbri

ACad 2007 is my installed version.

I have recently installed and am using a trial copy of ACad 2010. Besides having used this version to create drawings, I have also opened quite a few existing drawings which in closing have have automatically saved in 2010 format.

My concern is that the trial version runs out in approximately two weeks and there is obviously a need to ensure that all 2010 drawings are saved as 2007 otherwise I will be unable to open them once 2010 trial period has expired.

My question is as follows:

Once the 2010 trial period is over, will I still be able to access drawings the 2010 drawings and save them as 2007 or will it be necessary for me to save all 2010 drawings as 2007 beforehand and if so is there a short cut way of going about this?

Thank you ReMark

Concern resolved.

2010 impressive, although the ribbon format needs some time to digest, but Classic mode suits me fine just now.

2010 price does not provide a reason to change right now, will need to wait until sufficient funds become available.

Possibly go for LT for the time being as all my work relates to 2D with isometrics being my limit.

You're entirely welcomed Wilbri.

Yes, the price for the full version can be a real choker especially outside of the U.S. I'm still not sure why it is so much higher.

You're entirely welcomed Wilbri.

Yes, the price for the full version can be a real choker especially outside of the U.S. I'm still not sure why it is so much higher.

Probably international postage? :huh:

i tried out 2010 last week and just could not get on with the ribbon, trying to find menu's was frustrating. i ended up selecting autocad classic style too in the end.

Yes, the Ribbon is a definite show-stopper for some people. I had some difficulty with it myself. In 2009 I went and created a custom Ribbon with the 30 or 40 commands I used the most which seemed to work well for me. I have not started customizing the 2010 Ribbon yet.

I'm starting to promote the Ribbon in my office now. I admit, it took a while to get used to it - but now, after about two months of constant use, it feels just as logical as the old system. For instance it took me a while to figure out that the Annotate-ribbon contained all the Text-commands that you needed; The Output-ribbon was all the plot, publish, export options; and so on.

Thank you all for your comments.

Much appreciated.

Tiger

Ribbon aside, the next question that I had planned to lodge on this forum pertains to Annotation.

I have attempted to obtain some information from articles appearing on the forum but somehow found the discussion too advanced for me at present and am looking for "introductory" (elementary) information, as this facility would seem to be an effective means of short cutting my usual methods.

I therefore look forward to your and others input concerning this matter when I post my question.

Time a bit limited this weekend, as we have folk staying with us and I also have a drawing assignment to complete.