White color cylinder looks black?

SFG13

hHi,

I just had class today learning and having fun making shapes like boxes, cylinders, donuts, cakes, etc. The cylinders, donuts, and candles I created in class were white color, red, etc. They were all done in the 03' version, I'm not sure but it's old. When I came home to work on them on my 09' version, they for some unknown reason all turned out to be black color. i tried to turn them back to white but it wouldn't let me, it would stay the same black. :unsure: Does anyone know why? I also learned how to cut/slice but forgot what's the procedure. Let me know if this can be fixed or how to slice? Thanks

Was the background color of model space white by any chance?

The Slice command is a solids editing tool. I prefer to use the 3-point option. No matter how you slice it (yes, the pun was intended) AutoCAD will prompt you to pick the side you want to retain. The default is Both.

Hi ReMark,

The background color is light gray. The objects that were white like the donuts, cylinders, etc are now black. For some odd reason it only effects the white color, but the other color shapes stayed the same. I tried to change them back but nothing works. What's the deal?

Hi there,

please check the following:

Were the boxes and cylinders in a separate layer or were they in the default layer?

If they were in the default layer then try to color them using "properties" tool, or change the color of the layer.

If the color didn't change, then create a new layer, give it a name like "shapes" or "my_drawings" or what ever name you like and change its color, then cut the shapes from the default layer to the new layer.

All the best :)

AutoCAD will substitute the color black for white when the background color is white. Conversely, AutoCAD will sunstitute the color white for black if the background color is black. Imagine trying to see white objects on a white background and black objects on a blackbackground. Maybe AutoCAD sees the light gray background as almost white and therefore uses black for the objects?

Yeah I guess the white color background causes an interaction between the white cylinders. I changed the background to black and now I can see the white. Although I would like to see a lighter bkgrnd but I guess the black will do. Thanks ReMark

White/Black is 1 colour, always appears as black on white backgrounds and vice versa. For example, in a layout. Use a very light grey instead or RGB colours instead of index colours.