Text becomes fat when copying multiline text with a base point

Lew

Hi there, I have a problem with Text becoming fat (not bold) when copying multiline text with a base point... i'm not sure why it does this or how to stop it. Can anyone help?

Copying from where to where? Within the same drawing using the COPY command, or between drawings using COPYCLIP and PASTECLIP?

Is it because the lineweight (LWT) is turned on?

Thanks for your reply, It happens within the same drawing (in model space). If i copy the text (command: CO) and paste it anywhere within my model space without pasting to a base point - there is no problem. If i copy the text (command: CO) and paste it snapping to another line or object, the text will appear larger - but still retains the same text height and all other characteristics etc - that i know of. Note: the text prints larger also.

I hope this is clearer.

Cheers

Check the z value (elevation) of the problem mext. If not at 0.0000000, truetype fonts can get "fuzzy" or maybe "fat" :)

The lines you are snapping to are probably not at z=zero.

Check the z value (elevation) of the problem mext. If not at 0.0000000, truetype fonts can get "fuzzy" or maybe "fat" :)

The lines you are snapping to are probably not at z=zero.

I agree. That was going to be my next suggestion. :wink:

Thanks all for your help, i've purpously added a 'z' value to a line to test this theory - and yes it does become 'fat' - 'fuzzy'. I now know what to avoid. Much appreciate you time!