Hatches

DODGE

Hi Guys

I have just started with 2010 from 2009.

How do I get all my hatches into 2010? When I went fro 2006 to 2009 I remember something along the lines having to create a .pat file in explorer under support or something. Can anybody give me a step by step how to get my hatches from 2009 into 2010. I have just loaded 2010 onto a new computer.

Cheers All

Dodge8)

:o

Tools > Options > Files > Support Files. Include the path to the folder containing the hatch patterns you brought over from 2009 here.

Hi Remark.

Just tried this but didn't work, infact I have now lost the standard hatches in the program. Also now the help file can't be found. I have my hatches, fonts etc in a sep folder. Can you step me thru it exactly what to do, or should I reload AutoCad 2010 to get back to sq one.

THANKS dODGE

Set the file path back to what it was to begin with and Just copy your 2009 hatch files from the 2009 support folder to the 2010 support folder (you can find your way to the support folder by useing ReMarks tip above).

Autocad will load in hatches from multiple hatch files (extension .PAT). Jut make sure that they all have unique names. There is no need to copy the autocad 2009 standard hatches (Acad.Pat or AcadIso.Pat) across, they should allready be there.

You can compile all your hatches into one file, but I can't see the benefit.

Hatch files haven't changed that much betwhen 2009 and 2010, they should still work!

And don't forget to copy evrything before you mess aound with it!

Set the file path back to what it was to begin with and Just copy your 2009 hatch files from the 2009 support folder to the 2010 support folder (you can find your way to the support folder by useing ReMarks tip above).

Autocad will load in hatches from multiple hatch files (extension .PAT). Jut make sure that they all have unique names. There is no need to copy the autocad 2009 standard hatches (Acad.Pat or AcadIso.Pat) across, they should allready be there.

You can compile all your hatches into one file, but I can't see the benefit.

Hatch files haven't changed that much betwhen 2009 and 2010, they should still work!

And don't forget to copy evrything before you mess aound with it!

Thanks for your help.

But how do I change anything back, I thought I had already done that as I undid what I had done. But like I said I now have no hatches at all in 2010 and my help file doesn't work anymore. I just can't understand, when ever I upgrade I always seem to be missing all my hatch patterns each time. Also my help doesn't work anymore when it did before??? I think I am gonna need step by step with pictures lol. help.

Dodge