Hi How to change the inside color of an object?

SFG13

I learned how to change the color face of an object in class, for example like a donut I select the object and then sliced it in half. After, I used the "color face tool" and made the inside part a yellow color while the outside of the donut stayed the same as beige. I tried to do the command at home on my 09' version but would change the entire object, not the inside part I wanted. Can anyone help me? Let me know, thanks.

Attach the file here. I would use the Imprint command rather than Slice to separate faces. Search for 8-ball example I posted somewhere here.

If its Autocad you are using, you could try holding down the ctrl key while you select the face, to enable sub-object selection.

If you are using inventor make sure you are using the 'Faces' selection filter, then right click on the face you want to colour to bring up the properties dialog and pick a new colour from the list at the bottom.

I'm not sure how to attach JD? But the ctrl key made it work, thanks Pablo! Also I still don't know why the white candle changed to black and will not let me turn it back to its origina color at all? Also I have another question with the drawing. I created another cylinder and a donut except both oddly ended up standing on their sides, I'm not sure why. :unsure:Is there a way I can put the donut back sitting down and the cylinder straight up? Let me know, thanks.

Also I still don't know why the white candle changed to black and will not let me turn it back to its origina color at all?

Are you mixing threads?

Also I have another question with the drawing. I created another cylinder and a donut except both oddly ended up standing on their sides, I'm not sure why.

UCS F1

Is there a way I can put the donut back sitting down and the cylinder straight up? Let me know, thanks.

What book are you using - I can tell you exactly what page to look on for this information.

http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/AU2007/GD115-4P%20Mather.pdf

pg 13

I'm not mixing threads, and don't know what that means? I'm not using any books, just my 09' program. For the candle, ReMark suggested the light gray bckgrnd color could be causing an interference with the white candle so I changed it to black and now I can see the white. I guess the light bckgrnd clashes with the light candle color. Also can you specify what UCS F1 does? I'm still not sure how to turn the donut back down flat and the cylinder back standing up?

I'm not mixing threads, ... For the candle, ReMark suggested...

I don't see any suggestion by ReMark regarding a "candle" in this thread. It helps on searches (and in general) to not mix thread subjects without supplying the url to the thread in question.

I'm not using any books, just my 09' program.

I strongly recommend finding a book for learning 3D. Most libraries have AutoCAD 3D books on the shelves. Usually a class references a book as well.

In addition to free books in libraries there are many free on-line tutorials. Might even find a few in this user forum and my signature.

You will want to become very familiar with the UCS, 3drotate, align, 3dalign

can you specify what UCS F1

Type UCS then hit Enter on the keyboard and then it F1 key in the upper left corner of your screen. Far more information than I care to type should pop up. This works for many things in AutoCAD.