Not understanding the sweep command

triglyph

I'm trying to draw a greenscreen cyc wall: curved where it meets the floor and three walls so it's compound curves.

Can't figure out the sweep command. What does "alignment" and basepoint do? Every time I sweep the line, it's all screwy and not aligned like I want it to. Then I can only rotate in one axis, so I can't get it where I want it to be.

Sweep can be a tricky command especially in alignment and rotation.

I try to always orient my USC perpendicular to my sweep path to make it easier to orient my sweep profile.

sweep2.png

Align "will" put your profile perpendicular automatically , however, you will still most likely have to rotate it, which can be difficult if it's not on the correct plane to start. That's why I prefer to orient my USC instead. I always cut threads this way.

sweep.png

It can be a trial and error prospect to get it rotated correctly if your working with an unusual profile but you'll just have to play with the commands a little.

sweep1.png

Here is a link that kinda explains it well...

http://www.cadalyst.com/cad/autocad/circles-and-lines-housework-made-easy-5839

KC