Need Help with Penn & Foster exams

robxfinch

Hi all,

I am really in need of help here. I am in the Penn and Foster ACAD program and am currently trying to complete the exams. I cannot believe how horrible these exams are written. Has anybody else done any of these exams?

I am currently on the HVAC portion trying to do plate 2 and 3 and cannot for the life of me interprete what that book is saying.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anybody has a picture as to what the end result should look like it would be awesome.

Thank

You just posted this less than 24 hours ago. There aren't many members around on the weekend, especially Superbowl weekend, so please wait a few days before bumping your own posts. Also, what you're asking for is very specific so don't be surprised if you don't get many replies.

It might help if you scan and post the pages you're having trouble with, so we can see what you're trying to draw.

I have also renamed your thread to something more specific to your question. "Need Help" isn't a real attention grabber.

Yes, I know its the weekend and being Super Bowl Sunday even worse timing. Figured I would bump it just to keep it on top sorry if it bothered you.

In case anybody knows or wants to try to help, here is the actual problem I am working from.

HVAC Problem.pdf

That is indeed the project, but I already have completed plate 1. Did you by chance do plate's 2-3? I dont understand the meaning of true length nor do I understand the techniques the book is trying to teach/describe.

Thanks so much for any/all help. Do you have an email address I can contact you at?

I don't understand, you are asked to draw this square to round transition but you have had no instruction on how to do that? Somewhere in one of your drafting books will be a chapter on this exact thing. What drafting books are you using? Worst case go to the library and borrow a drafting book. Also a google search will help, in fact there is a site that will prepare a dxf file in about 2 seconds for you.

You see, that is in fact my problem. I cannot understand what they are asking for. I thought I was to be drawing a rect to rect transition.

Can you provide a link to the site you mention?

Rob, I don't know if it is a good idea to give my email to you here. Go to artisansestimating.com and click on my email there. Meanwhile I will look into the plate for you. BTW it took me about three months to figure out the true curve idea. And, I probably have forgotten it too. LOL

• 1 year later...
does anyone have the plate 3? i need a pic on it so i know what to do on it.

thanks in advance

You do not have to post your question multiple times. Once is plenty enough. Please be patient. Your question will be responded to. Thanks.

• 1 year later...

all these projects towards the end of the CAD program from penn foster dont make any sense. Im working on the structural drafting section and it doesnt make sense to me at all. does anyone have pictures or what not of what it is supposed to end up looking like?

yea i keep looking through them, but i dont see many of the images up there anymore. its all very confusing, their wordings of the projects suck. as ive learned reading these threads, its not just me

Which image are you having trouble finding?

I have about 10 minutes max I can help you then I'll be away from my computer for a while. Speak now or wait.

Time now 7:22 GST

I count at least seven threads just on the structural drafting project. A few have more than three dozen posts.