Attaching Objects, Attaching Vertex, Cutting holes

evanesp26

So three questions! I am very much new to 3ds but I am starting to get more and more familiar with the terms.

One of the biggest problems I run into is how to attach two objects (not mirrored objects) as one seamlessly. I was taught to just delete the side I wanted to attach with an equally deleted space on the main object, and then weld the vertices together.

My problem with that is sometimes I have more vertices on one side compared to the other, meaning some vertices would have to be deleted. And the other problem is that the weld sometimes doesn't seal even with the limits set high.

Is there an easier way to assure a perfect match when I combine two different objects as one?

As for cutting holes or squares into a polygon, the question here is that when I cut holes into objects, it leaves a void inside that isn't covered by any polygons. How can I cut holes all the way through a polygon while still having a 'whole' piece that isn't missing any sides.

The two pieces need to have the same number of vertices in order to weld them together. You will need to either add more to one piece or delete them from the other piece.

If you can't "Weld" the vertices you will need to "Target Weld" them.

If you cut a hole into a model, just switch to "Border" selection mode and "Cap" the hole.