Explode block placed with VBA

wbluem88

I want to place a block using a VBA routine, and then explode that block within the same routine. After a few searches on Google and this forum, it seems to be quite a pain to do. I was hoping someone had a solution. This code works fine everywhere else, but the block just will not explode.

Dim varPoint As Variant
Dim varArray As Variant
Dim dblAngle As Double
Dim objTrap As AcadEntity
varPoint = ThisDrawing.Utility.GetPoint(, vbCr & "Select insertion point")
dblAngle = ThisDrawing.Utility.GetAngle(varPoint, vbCr & "Select trap direction")
objTrap = ThisDrawing.ModelSpace.InsertBlock(varPoint, "trapsink.dwg", varScale, varScale, 1, dblAngle)
varArray = objTrap.Explode

First, is the block able to be exploded?

I don't know if this works in VBA (it does in lisp)

Try preceding the file name with an *

I want to place a block using a VBA routine, and then explode that block within the same routine. After a few searches on Google and this forum, it seems to be quite a pain to do. I was hoping someone had a solution. This code works fine everywhere else, but the block just will not explode.

Dim varPoint As Variant
Dim varArray As Variant
Dim dblAngle As Double
Dim objTrap As AcadEntity
varPoint = ThisDrawing.Utility.GetPoint(, vbCr & "Select insertion point")
dblAngle = ThisDrawing.Utility.GetAngle(varPoint, vbCr & "Select trap direction")
objTrap = ThisDrawing.ModelSpace.InsertBlock(varPoint, "trapsink.dwg", varScale, varScale, 1, dblAngle)

This is working for me:

Set objTrap = ThisDrawing.ModelSpace.InsertBlock(varPoint, "trapsink.dwg", varScale, varScale, 1, dblAngle)
objTrap.Delete

~'J'~