dimensioning isometric views (autocad lt 02)

ALEX3020

when dimensioning isometric views I select aligned in my dimensions when doing this the dimension lines look odd as they are not parallel to the drawing.

Is there any way of dimensioning an isometric view with dimension lines coming out parallel to drawing lines i.e 0, 30, 150 degrees???

hope ive explained that ok

thanks

• 3 years later...

Kate,

I'm in the US and have a lot of experience with several CAD systems, and have done a lot of 3D solid modeling. In my office I have ACAD 2000 and others but I'm doing work for a client which just changed to ACAD LT 2009. That, in itself, is not a problem, but in addition to requiring engineering (mechanical) drawings they require that I produce some isometric views for them. I don't do this very often and although I've done many in AutoCad, I haven't done it in LT which lacks any 3D ability. I'm aware of the isoplanes which are there but I need more than just that. Can you direct me to a good source or tutorial for 2D isometric for LT?

Thanks in advance

Frank in Utah

Check out the DIMEDIT command, and the "oblique" option.

Welcome to the forum Frank, might want to check the date on that original post, little over 3 years old. Its generally recommended around here that after you perform a search to find if your topic has been covered, to post a new thread with any new questions, keeping your title as specific as possible. I've included a link here. This was the first result when I googled "isoplane tutorial".

I do 2-d drawings and when I do isometric views I just right click onthe Osnap tab and set to isometric and draw. Won't this work for you? If you press F5 it will change your cross hairs so you can draw all the parts of your isometric views.

Hope this helps.

Dawn

Hi Frank, when your in isometric dwg.(autocad 2005) click on Object UCS of UCS toolbars then dimension the object you want to dimension. Not sure if there's Object UCS in version 2002.