Properties Tab on Ribbon 2010

hthompson

I was updated to AutoCAD Architecture 2010 last Friday and so far so good however my Ribbon does not contain a Properties panel and I cannot figure out how to get it or if it is even available to me. Help would be appreciated.

Right-click on one of the panels that does show. There should appear a flyout with the words Tabs and Panels on it. Expand the listing for Panels. Is the Properties Panel on the list?

Then do this.

Type the word Properties at the command line. When the Properties window comes up size it and place it where you'd like. Now look in the lower right-hand corner of your screen. Is there a Workspace Switching button? If yes, click it. Now click on the entry Save current as and create a new workspace. Enter a name when prompted and finish by clicking on the Save button. You're good to go. If you change to a different workspace you'll notice that there is no Properties window. Change back to your new workspace and there is.

Here's another option.

In 2010 go up to the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar) and find then click on the arrow at the end of. On the Customize Quick Access Toolbar list find and check off Properties. This will place a new Properties button on the QAT.

I have been able to pull up the properties palette but have not been able to dock it on the ribbon. Also I cannot move or expand the properties palette. Move and Size cannot be selected. Even checking and unchecking "Allow Docking" seems to have no effect either. I really appreciate your help with this.

I did not suggest docking it on the Ribbon and I'm not sure if that is a viable option anyway. I have my properties palette docked on the right-hand side of my screen.

Did you check out the other option I mentioned (re: QAT)?

I know you did not suggest docking it on the ribbon however that was my intention. I should have been more specific in my question. When I was familiarizing myself with the new release I reviewed a tutorial on Youtube on 2010 ribbon basics. On the video the instructor had his screen pulled up and on his ribbon there was a properties panel. I do have access on the QAT as well as through right clicking to properties, thank you for directing me to it via the QAT. I was just trying to make it easier and have one go to place for most of the commands. I will make do with the options I have now. Thank you again for your time and help.

You might want to change your profile to reflect that you use AutoCAD Architecture and not plain AutoCAD. I'm at a loss to explain why one simple panel appears to be missing from your Ribbon.

OK...there has to be at least one other forum member who is using AutoCAD Architecture 2010 that can confirm the presence or lack thereof of a Properties panel on the Ribbon. For this plain AutoCAD user the Properties panel is located on the Home tab sandwiched between the Block and Utilities panels. Anyone?

CUI, Ribbon, Tabs, Home 2D, does Home Properties show?

If not move down to Panels, find Home Properties and drag it to the afore mentioned location.

You can also access Properties, at least in plain 2010, by clicking on the View tab and looking on the Palettes panel.

As a last resort, if all else fails, then I bet you could edit the CUI and get the panel to show up anywhere you want it to.

Unfortunately there was not an option for Home Properties under Tabs or Panels. I was able to find the two tools I wanted, linetype and lineweight, and place them on the QAT but oddly enough they are missing an icon. I can scroll over to see them, click on them, and they function. Based on this I am starting to wonder if my update was not loaded properly. If anyone has any ideas on this that would be great.

Did you check the info I provided above re; View tab?

What makes you say you wonder if your update was not loaded properly? Did you have a Properties panel prior to the installation of an upgrade?

No luck with the View tab either, ReMark. I did not use the Ribbon in 2009 however I did check it and there is a Properties Panel on the Ribbon with that release. What made me think something had loaded incorrectly was the fact that I can add tools to the QAT but they are missing icons.

Wow! What the heck happened? Maybe you ought to try a REPAIR. The option can be found under Add/Remove Programs.

That's the best I can come up with at the moment. My dog wants to go out and play in the snow so I'm going to sign off now. I'll check back Thursday morning and see how you made out. Post an update before you pack it in for the day. See ya. Bye.