SW piping

Peter K

Still fairly new at SW so perhaps a silly question.....

We've been making our library of piping parts that we need. All is working fine except that I noticed that the orientation of the parts are always of when bringing them into the routing assembly.

E.g.: a flange, although correctly drawn so as to have the bolt openings at the right positions will, even when starting a new route with a flange in a completely new drawing, have the bolt openings a tad rotated from normal position in some cases.

If I then start to investigate I notice that the planes from the flanges don't coincide with those of the pipe or those of the concentric reducers .....

What am I overlooking ?

Is it something I forgot while setting up the parts or is it just something that I have to deal with?

For the pipe and reducers it's not a worry but it does become a bother if the flanges don't line up correctly