Rendering crashing/hanging

busseynova

Please help!

My render keeps crashing/ hanging. I tried to attach the zip folder here, with image files too, but the Forum won't allow me to attach a URL for sendspace and the file seems like it's too big to attach onto this message!:x Please PM for the file link and I'll send it to you, or I'll try and attach it in a reply below.

On my other computer the render got about half way through the first pass before abruptly crashing with an error message (didn't catch what it said but was along the lines of : 'AutoCAd fatal error' *error code*) On this one (my main PC) it got through the first pass and then hung with processor usage dropping to zero. I had to crash Acad vis Task Manager as it was unresponsive. In both cases the processor was working at or near 100% whilst rendering, the page file usage didn't seem to be too taxed, not getting above about 50%.

My PC spec is as follows:

Windows XP prof.

Intel Pentium 4 3Ghz

2Gb Ram

ATI Fire GL V5000 Graphics card.

Don't know whether this is a problem with my hardware spec, the file, or autocad. Any time you could spare to have a look at the file would be most appreciated. I will attach the sendspace link below, it links to a ZIP file. The image files may need re-linking. I was trying to render from the camera view (only one).

Thanks for your time!:)

Tom.

Rendering is usually CPU intensive. Maybe your system just doesn't have the muscle to get the job done especially considering the size of the drawing file.

That's what I was afraid of. On the plus side, getting the IT administrator to sit down and watch what was happening to the CPU as a render was running may have convinced him of the same thing!

Tell Mr. IT that a quad core computer might be more suitable to the job at hand. In the meantime you might want to consider turnig down antialiasing, turning off shadow casting, and reducing the size of the render (ex. 1280x1024 to 640x480).

Hi and thanks!

yes I did the modeling. I work for Verco office furniture in the UK and I do these renders for sales/marketing purposes.

you see i'm am also doing a rendering of an office right now and having consumed too much time modeling.I only needed to place some File cabinets and chairs here. Can i have a copy of your chairs? :D Thanks.

process.jpg