Layer color changes with Layer State

Crazy J

I am working on a product and designing the vibration fixture for it as well. I have layers called "vibe fixture" and "vibe screws" and then all the other components layers of the product. I've created various layer states such as "all on", "shell" (externally-viewable components of product), "vibe fixture", and "vibe and shell". In "vibe fixture" layer state (which is only the "vibe fixture" and "vibe screws" layers), the vibe screws appear gray. In "vibe and shell" layer state, which adds in the shell of the product, the vibe screws appear lime green.

I am not overly bothered by this. But it's caught my attention. I am thinking that I must have done something in error as I created my layers or layer states. I am not noticing any problems yet, but I am concerned whatever I did wrong may rear its ugly head later. Hopefully, I can learn what I did wrong and avoid it again. Has anyone experienced something similar to this?

Also, the colors of the components are set to 'by layer', so I didn't try anything fancy there.

layer states1.jpg

layer states2.jpg