How to make drawing space larger

interboob

I'm sure this is an overly asked and stupid question and I must not be using the proper words in my searches. I searched google, this site, the various faqs on it. I have a building floor plan that is about 60' by 200' and I want to make the paper space a little larger than this so that I can draw into it. I am using autocad 2006 and have not used it since about 2000. I remember creating the size of the sheet was very simple, I'm just not seeing the setting anywhere in autocad 2006. In other words, I want to offset something 706 inches and have it still be on the white paper space, not in the grey area way down off the page. Thank you.

after you offset 706, then use zoom, extents (double click with the intelliwheel instead), you can zoom out with the intelliwheel, and zoom in as well. Finally to set the PS zoom scale factor you can use Zoom, 1/48XP for 1/4"=1', doesn't all show?, Zoom, 1/96XP for 1/8"=1'.

Also, you might check under Format/Drawing Limits from the menu drop-downs or "_limits" on the command line, and see if that gets you what you need.

In other words, I want to offset something 706 inches and have it still be on the white paper space, not in the grey area way down off the page. Thank you.

You're not drawing your floor plan in paper space are you? :?

I have a building floor plan that is about 60' by 200' and I want to make the paper space a little larger than this so that I can draw into it.

Look at the tabs near the bottom right of the screen. See the one that has Model on it? Click on that one and do your drawing in full scale there (i.e. modelspace). THEN, go to your paperspace and use a viewport to reduce the scale down to what will fit on the desired printed paper size. Unless you want to pay an arm and a leg for a 60'x200' sheet of paper.

You're not drawing your floor plan in paper space are you? :?

It bears repeating!

You're not drawing your floor plan in paper space are you?

Please say "No".

Draw it in model space at FULL size. Switch to a layout, create any and all viewports you need and scale the viewports. Please.