Change a viewport linetype or lineweight? F1 key...

sean.svs

Hey there Forum!

AutoCAD 2007

I am attempting to change the linetype and lineweight of a viewport in paperspace. My final goal is to display a thick (0.5mm) DASHED red line for the actual boundries of the viewport.

I make a seperate, noplot layer for my viewports. The viewport's boundry is for my own reference, and will not be plotted.

I have changed the properties of this layer in the Layer Properties Manager, with no resulting changes to the viewport's linetype or lineweight. The color is the only property who's changes are reflected in paperspace.

I have adjusted the Display Scale slider @ Options>User Preferences>Lineweight Settings (and checked the "Display Lineweight" checkbox). This gives the desired effect to all lines OTHER than the lines which make up my viewports.

I have adjusted the properties of the viewport in the Object Properties Pallette with no resulting change to the linetype or lineweight of the viewport.

I cannot for the life of me find an answer to the "f1 is driving me nuts" question. You know the one.

I find that many people recommend using the cui command, and simply changing the key assignment under keyboard shortcuts. I also see a billion post directly after this suggestion with people who say that the help command and/or the cancel command are not on this list (I have this problem too...) This is usually where some one comes in and comments that this is the wrong place to ask this question, without saying where to go to ask this question!

I have been hesitant about asking these questions before because I was sure that someone had asked them before. I just can't find the answers.

Sorry if posting two questions is a faux pas...

Is it?

Nevermind, don't answer that third one, I feel like two is pushing it!

Thanks in advance to all who know more than I,

Not exactly a Newbie, but certainly no Expert.

Thank you so much for this link for question #2! I have been searching for this VERY EASY fix for a long time.

*dances jig*

Now, if I can only find some one who has found a solution for question #1 (assuming that we are both wrong, and there is an easy fix!)

Draw a rectangle on a layer set for a wide lineweight and red color, then use the Mview, Object option. You will have to turn the LWT button on at the bottom of the screen.