internal thread

symbolicjas

Hi

Im new to this place so greetings to all.

I jus have a question on internal threading. I have a hole dia. of 0.68 inches - its basically the caliber of a paintball gun im designing. the thing i need is to cork the front part with a screw which requires internal thread on the front for half a inch. can anyone tell me how to show it in autocad? i mean whats the basic nomenclature to show such a drawing. will be grateful if someone can help.

untitled.jpg

Looks like you are using Solidworks to me judging by the above image. Correct?

You should have posted your question in the Solidworks forum not here in the AutoCAD forum.

yes i am....

but i also want to draft in autocad. if i make it in solidwokrs will i be able to extract it in dxf mode into autocad. but first i dont know how to make it in SW

Several of your sketches are unconstrained (-).

I would use the Hole command with thread rather than Extrude-Cut, this will ensure that you don't pick the wrong tap-drill size (I often see beginners set the hole size as the size of the fastener which doesn't allow any material for threading.)

Attach what you have so far and indicate the thread size and pitch you are after.

You are aware that this will result in a cosmetic thread for documentation - real cut threads are seldom needed unless you are rapid prototyping the part.

Solidworks is more of an engineering software than autocad and much much easier and faster to create detailed engineering drawings. You can export a dwg or dxf 2d engineering drawing into acad if you really want. Prospective employers will be hapier to know you can use SW start to finish than autocad in my eyes. Honestly i know you want to practice but learning the ins/outs of SW drafting is a better use of time.

• 8 months later...

I not really understand on how to do thread.

Can you show me the picture/video on how to do this?or a link of tutorial for this?

Let say i want to make a hole which is suitable for a ANSI metrics M10 bolt and is 30mm depth

Several of your sketches are unconstrained (-).

I would use the Hole command with thread rather than Extrude-Cut, this will ensure that you don't pick the wrong tap-drill size (I often see beginners set the hole size as the size of the fastener which doesn't allow any material for threading.)

Attach what you have so far and indicate the thread size and pitch you are after.

You are aware that this will result in a cosmetic thread for documentation - real cut threads are seldom needed unless you are rapid prototyping the part.

i mean to do in solidwork

It might have been really helpful had you specified that in the first place don't you think?

Anyway, how we were even to guess since your profile lists AutoCAD and not Solidworks.

Well maybe someone knows of a tutorial for Solidworks re: internal threads. Did you do an Internet search yet?