Cannot Change Layer Color for One Object

David_Feynman

I have a drawing that I did not create that I am going through and making changes to some of the layers. So far this has proven easy, I hover over the object whose color I want to change, the layer name pops up, I then go to the layer properties window, click on the layer and change the color. Simple.

However I have one layer that baffles me. It is yellow and I want to change the color. When I hover over it, I see the layer name and associated info:

Line

Color: Yellow

Layer: Deck

Linetype: Hidden

However when I go to the layer properties window and look at the deck layer, there it shows the color as gray instead of yellow, and changing the gray color does not affect the yellow color on the page. However I know it's the right layer because if I freeze it, it disappears on the page. So why is it showing up as yellow on the page even though it is set to gray under layer properties? And how do I change it? I am using Autocad 2010.

Thanks

For the particular object(s) that you would like to change, is it possible that the original designer assigned the color to this particular object by choosing a color and not by setting it "by layer". Perhaps they had first chosen the color by hand for the one object, then later went and set that entire layer to the same color.

color setting.jpg

Thank you, the screen capture was very helpful, that did the trick.

No problem... I am constantly using Snippy for clipping just about anything for any application. A picture is worth a thousand words!