topographic section

idontknow11

i have been searching everywhere online for a tutorial of this but have been able to find one.

i have imported topography from a gis shape file and am simply trying to cut a section through these contours by selecting a line that bisects them. i recall doing this very easily at work but it has been a few years and i do not remember the procedures.

i have looked for the tools under the map menu where i thought i remembered them being but i am not seeing anything that looks familiar. is it possible that the place i was working had some sort of additional tool package installed?

map 3d 2010

• 4 months later...
i have been searching everywhere online for a tutorial of this but have been able to find one.

i have imported topography from a gis shape file and am simply trying to cut a section through these contours by selecting a line that bisects them. i recall doing this very easily at work but it has been a few years and i do not remember the procedures.

i have looked for the tools under the map menu where i thought i remembered them being but i am not seeing anything that looks familiar. is it possible that the place i was working had some sort of additional tool package installed?

map 3d 2010

You will need to change the viewpoint to 3D and use 3DPOLY (alias 3P)

HTH,

Ray