Drawing appears different in paper space than model space

dwelch

My drawing is not the same in paper space as it is in model space. For example, lines that are connected in model space are apart in paper space. Some items are missing. A couple of rectangles that are spaced apart in model space are overlapping one another in paper space.

The lines you say that were connected in model space did you use osnaps to connect them?

Could the items that are missing somehow we obscured by the wipeout?

I did use osnaps. I don't belive it is a wipeout issue, because I have the wipeouts on their own layer and when I shut that layer off the problem is still there.

The .jpg was that was brought in through "imageattach" is scaled at 1/4" = 1'. I have verified by printing this and scaling it and it was brought into autocad at the correct scale. The viewport was then scaled to 1:4. I have done this same thing a couple of other times with great results. The only thing different this time is the use of the wipeout.

I you may want it in 2D but are you sure it is in 2D? If you used OSNAPS to trace your image, any points that you did NOT snap to may be on a different plane. Try looking at the drawing from several different views - SW, NW, FRONT and TOP. See if everything still appears to be on the same plane. Or select all your lines and check the Z properties.

Glen

Quick and dirty, you could try changing the Z values all to 0. See if that makes your drawing look like you want it to. There is also a FLATTEN command, but when I just tried it on a 2 line diagram I got odd results. Someone with more knowledge will be along for more help on that shortly I expect.

To keep this from happening in the future - from the help file:

Use Object Snaps (Concept) Use Object Snaps in  3D
By default, the [i]Z[/i]-value of an object snap location is determined by the object's  
location in space. However, if you work with object snaps on the plan view of a  
building or the top view of a part, a constant [i]Z[/i]-value is  more useful.
If you turn on the OSNAPZ system variable, all object snaps are projected onto 
the [i]XY[/i]  plane of the current UCS or, if [u]ELEV[/u]  is set to a non-zero value, onto a 
plane parallel to [i]XY[/i]  plane at the specified elevation.
 [color=Red]Note:
When you draw or modify  objects, make sure that you know whether OSNAPZ is 
on or off. There is no visual  reminder, and you can get unexpected results.[/color]

(emphasis mine)