Help---how to create this solid model

super

Hey, I thought I'd give this a try. The main block on the back with the lip. It's given as 4.00 x 1.00 x ? in the view on the top of the page. Maybe I am missing it in the resolution of the jpg.

what's the number under the .375 thickness of the tube section?

Hard to read.

Does anyone know if I can detach jpgs and then be able to zoom in on them on my own machine?

A rectangle, extrude, xl (construction line), imprint (now Presspull in newer versions), another extrude... that's all the green.

Then some more centerlines (xl's) in red, a rectangle extruded forward.

From the corner of the red rectangle, I will draw a circle and extrude on way, and then a solidedit extrude the other way to the proper total length of the collar.

Next, hollow that out to the proper thickness, probably with a smaller circle extruded through the length. This time I would start on one end rather than the middle to save the two step process it took me to draw the outer diameter.

I can't see the picture now, but then start on some features for where the clamping bolt goes through. First thought is to use a slice command, but then I would have a slice all the way through the bottom of the now hollow cylinder. Instead, I might create some more construction lines and then draw a box (or rec. extruded into a box) in the position of where the cut will be. Subtract that from the model.

Then you have a couple more holes to put in. Which you should have that figured out if you've made it this far. And then adding the rest of the web. My guess is that I would go to my side view and do some more xl's and then perhaps trace it all with a pline (command: pl) and extrude that to the thickness desired.

Then do a final union command to join all the pieces into one, and I think you should have it....

Let me know how it goes...

It's not letting me post the picture... hold on.

And from the 1.625, I then came up with a dimension for the tube...

Here's another view, but if this is your homework, then let's see how you're coming along with it before I post any more....

next.jpg

but if this is your homework, then let's see how you're coming along with it before I post any more....

I was just about to say the same thing. :wink:

Super, we are willing to teach, but you have to do all the work. So let's see what you've got.