recent files in application menu

kevynm

Hi,

I am using Autocad 2010 and all of a sudden i realize that my recent files used stopped showing up in the application menu.

I had set the no. of files to 9 but every time i open AutoCAD the recent files used space is empty.

Is there any windows setting i need to change. I am using vista and slowly getting fed-up but no courage to upgrade to windows 7 cause i will have to re-install everything.

It's an AutoCAD setting why would you inquire about a Windows setting? Maybe you're asking because the setting is stored in the Windows Registry? I read, but cannot confirm, that some overly aggresive antivirus programs may clear this setting but I've never had it happen and I run two antivirus programs on two different computers loaded with AC 2010.

Did you go back reset it and click Apply? The default setting is 9 anyway. Did you change it to show more then change it back?

Well, I just reloaded AutoCAD incl. the update and all seems well, ecxept for some lisp programs I had "autoload-ed". They don't work any more. Guess I will have to add them to the startup suite, unless you give me a better idea.

Kev

Where were they located before? In your acad.lsp or acaddoc.lsp file?

I don't utilize the Startup Suite. For many years I have used the technique of "calling" my custom lisp routines which are stored in a totally separate lsp file. Never broke the habit.

I hesitate to pass on my bad habits to you. I recommend you search on the word acaddoc.lsp and see what others have to say regarding using it to load lisp routines. RKM had some very good suggestions in the past as to how to load lisp routines efficiently. Keep an eye out for any of his posts.

And a word of advice. Don't drink, smoke or drive fast cars. And watch out for women too! LOL