Text Disappearing!!

Bighitter

Hi everybody, I have just joind this website and a complete beginner and need help.

My problem is that when I type in text in model space and as soon as I finish and tap in entre twice the text disapears. Please help, I am using CAd 2010.

Thanks in advance

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bighitter

• skipsophrenic

• BearDyugin

• Dana W

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am afraid my knowledge of CAD is not that good, therefore, would not know how and where to look for whther the layer is frozen or turned off. Any guidance would be much appreciated.

I not thinkin too good at mo (Really tired) but go into the help and read up on Annotative Scaling, see if that helps - if not I'll try help out a bit more after I've got some sleep.

Hi Skipsophrenic

Thanks for asking but no I did not.

Although everything is working fine in a new drawing. Its a mystery, I must have turned something off or something?

Dear Muddbutter, thanks for a great video, can I have the sound please and if possible is it in English. Thanks, You have solve my problem. This is exactly what was happening.

It would be great if soembody can translate and add voice to the above clip, hopefully then we will understand why the text is disappearing!!!

I will try to translate that has occurred on my clip

At creation of a new file with a template by default as 1 unit of the drawing 1 mm is accepted. Therefore and the plotting area is established an order of 10 metres, i.e. 10000 mm accordingly 10000 units of the drawing, and ours (mine it is exact) the text has height 2, i.e. in 10000 times it is less, therefore we it and do not see. In this cases zoom all (double cliques skroll mouse) will rescue us.

But if at creation of a new file we choose a metric template for 1 unit of the drawing the metre will be accepted, and the area of plotting of an order of 10 metres will correspond to 10 units of the drawing, and ours text in height 2, even will be very largely written.