XRefing images- can I hide the border?

Coffeefiend

Good afternoon all,

I'm creating a cover sheet for a drawing set, and I would like I add some PDF images to it. I had no problems x-refing them into the sheet, but because all images have to be assigned a layer, all of the PDFs are bordered by a line of that layer's weight and color.

I tried to assign the layer "do not plot", but the images don't plot either when I do. Is there a way to x-ref a PDF image into my sheet and prevent the border line from printing? I'm using AutoCAD 2010. Thanks for the help!

• 1 year later...
try PDFFRAME for PDF's.

Set it to 0 for no frame, 1 for the frame, and 2 to see the frame but it won't plot.

Thank you SO much! This is honestly the only place on the web I could find the proper info to correct this problem.

imageframe does NOT work for PDF's!

Here's all the info needed for anything having to do with "Frames". Think of the FRAME command as the global setting for all items that consist of frame borders. And glad you found this useful.

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/browse#WS73099cc142f48755-1257e12111bf108800e3ca5.htm

The FRAME setting overrides the individual IMAGEFRAME, DWFFRAME, PDFFRAME, DGNFRAME, and XCLIPFRAME settings.

The frame is not visible and it is not plotted.
The frame temporarily reappears during selection preview or object selection.

Displays and plots the frame.

Displays but does not plot the frame.

The individual setting varies for all external references in the current drawing (images, underlays, and clipped xrefs all have different frame settings).