Drawing 3D Paddle Board

surfmonkey83

Im trying to draw a 3D model of a Paddle Board, this type of board is very similar to a Wind Surfing Borad. Looking for tips on how go about this task. I can draw 3D boxes but when it comes to drawing with many curves that are constantly changing, seems to be a bit more challenging. Any suggestions?

An easy way is to start with a profile of the of the contour you want, (using splines or arcs), and revolve it.

p_board3.png

Then, draw your rocker profile perpendicular. to the contour... , and extrude the lines into surfaces.

p_board2.png

Use slice with the surface option to cut the rocker profile, and remove the waste.

p_board1.png

Fillet the edges to round the nose and rails.

p_board4.png

Add a fin and your fin...

KC

This is a good start. The basic design looks good. Im actually looking to make it more detailed to submit to a C&C machine to cut out the design. If you take a look at an actuall board, you have the basic shap down and it looks very good. The difficult part is trying to shape the contours of the bottom side. Their are concave slopes in the bottom of the board, it is not completly flat accorss thewidth of the board. The middle of the board is actually thicker than the rails of the board. Let me know if you have any ideas on how to accomplish this tast. Good work so far

The difficult part is trying to shape the contours of the bottom side. Their are concave slopes in the bottom of the board, it is not completly flat accorss thewidth of the board. The middle of the board is actually thicker than the rails of the board.

Most likely then a loft would be your best option. Create your boards edge-on profile. Copy or array the sections to be lofted. Draw the boards plan profile perpendicular to the lofted sections.

Scale the lofted sections to the plan profile using the reference option.

surf_01.png

Now offset the profiles to the desired bend of the board and loft the sections. I exaggerated the offsets a bit.

surf-03.png

I used simple ellipses but you can copy the profile from your last post above and it will work the same.

KC