Converting .shtx fonts to TrueType for 2010 ACAD and Revit

Cadfused

So, our office has a few stations up and running in AutoCAD 2010 and the associated REVIT software. It is my understanding that both of these programs recognize Truetype fonts only.

Now, our office has used Monoarch.shx forever, and it is my undeerstanding that this was a font that came through with autocadd many realeases ago, andI’m sure many users have and had this as an office standard font.

What we would like to find is a TT Font that equates to this .shx font, so that we can use this TT Font in both ACAD 2010 and REVIT.

Now, we have tried converting the .shtx font through a downloaded converter, and were unable to load the converted file into Autocadd without errors.

In the end, we really do not want to lose the visual look of Monoarch, as our drawings have been using this as a standard for years, and most of our opporating systems are still using this .shtx font on current projects, on an older release of ACAD. So moving forward, we would like to make the total switch to TT Font now, and never have to look back (haha), and hope that drawings produced from both the current and older software have reasonably similar visual qualities.

Any help and/or information would be much appreciated, thank you in advance!

Cadfused

AutoCAD has its own fonts (file type SHX) but will also use the TrueType fonts that ship standard with Windows.

The Monoarch.shx font file should work in AutoCAD just fine. I don't know if it will work in Revit.

Note: An Internet search for the shtx file type turned up no results. I think you mis-typed.

A search of both linotype.com and fonts.com did not turn up a Monoarch TrueType font. If you provide an example at linotype.com it will search for a match. Maybe there is something similar you can use it's just called by a different name.

A search of both linotype.com and fonts.com did not turn up a Monoarch TrueType font. If you provide an example at linotype.com it will search for a match. Maybe there is something similar you can use it's just called by a different name.

Thanks ReMark, will try that.... and you were right, I wasn't thinking and mixed a few things up.... we are trying to find a TT that equates to the .SHX font...