AutoCAD migration

Ganapathy13

Hi,

I was using the AutoCAD 2006, in that whenever we create the CAD drawing file we will use the template which will defined with particular printer/plotter. Hence all the drawings files have their default printer/plotter within drawing file itself. So if we give ctrl+p, then it is getting printed with the printer which configured internaly with the drawings.

Now i have moved AutoCAD to different server with AutoCAD 2010 map version. Hence the previous network printer/plotter are not available. If w open the drawings and give ctrl+p , it is showing the error that the printer/plotter is not available. How to make the chnage for all the drawing files to refer the network printers.

I am very new to AutoCAD softwrae itself, i am involing this migration work. Could you please assist me on this.

Regards,

Ganapathy.S

ganapathy1323@gmail.com

No, the PC3 files are not getting referred i suppose,

We have 10 .dwg template files as below.

A0 landscape.dwg, A0 Portrait.dwg Similarly two files for A1,A2,A3,A4 size, hence we have totally 10 set of files in previous environment which configures with one printer (A3,A4) and plotter (A0,A1,A2). The drawings are getting created with these template. Now we can change these template and save again, then we can solve this issue for new drawings.

Now the problem is how to change the printer/plotter name for the existing drawings...???

How to run the batch script (with plot command) or create new toolbar with the macro/script... I have no idea about to make this change.. Please provide some assistance for me...

Thanksa ton in advance...

Ganapathy.S

You can change the name of the printer/plotter by going to File > Page Setup Manager > Modify, select the name of the NEW printer/plotter, click OK then Save the drawing.