Trouble Changing Layer Color

gsksun4

Got a drawing from a customer and I cannot change the current layer from green to white. I go into the layer manager and click on the layer color, the color manager comes up and I select white, now the layer manager leaves the screen, I hit ok in the color manager, but the layer remains green. The layer is on, thawed and not locked. Color in the comand line is "Bylayer". By the way, I was able to change a different layers color in the same drawing. This has to be a simple solution.

Using 2009LT.

Glenn

USA

Got a drawing from a customer and I cannot change the current layer from green to white. I go into the layer manager and click on the layer color, the color manager comes up and I select white, now the layer manager leaves the screen, I hit ok in the color manager, but the layer remains green. The layer is on, thawed and not locked. Color in the comand line is "Bylayer". By the way, I was able to change a different layers color in the same drawing. This has to be a simple solution.

Using 2009LT.

Glenn

USA

I can't remember if 2009 has the layer palette...

Try the commands ._CLASSICLAYER - does this work?

I can't remember if 2009 has the layer palette...

Try the commands ._CLASSICLAYER - does this work?

Well, it certainly did. I wonder why? I always liked that classiclayer manager better anyway. Just seems strange that particular layer gave me trouble.

THanks for the tip.

Is the layer locked?

Layer was/is unlocked, thawed, on, but was able to change color in "Classiclayer" Manager instead of the 2009LT layer manager.

Thanks.

Well, it certainly did. I wonder why?

Probably because the layer palette in 2009 is only half baked. As with a lot of other features, the idea is great but the implementation could have been better.

Probably because the layer palette in 2009 is only half baked. As with a lot of other features, the idea is great but the implementation could have been better.

Similar to External References. The first thing I did when we went to 08 was edit my pgp so IM was ClassicImage and XR was ClassicXRef.