2009 vs 2007 LMAN

DILLON

In our office some, the key individuals that do most of the drafting work on 2009 AutoCAD, while the rest have 2007. This is a new arrangement that we're trying to make work. We discovered recently that if someone goes to all the effort of creating layer states in version 2009 in a "master base" file that contains floor plan, rcp, roof plan, etc., that these states do not appear for those working in 2007. Is there a fix for this problem?

In our office some, the key individuals that do most of the drafting work on 2009 AutoCAD, while the rest have 2007. This is a new arrangement that we're trying to make work. We discovered recently that if someone goes to all the effort of creating layer states in version 2009 in a "master base" file that contains floor plan, rcp, roof plan, etc., that these states do not appear for those working in 2007. Is there a fix for this problem?

I think the 09 layerstates might be able to be utilized if you access them the old old old school way. Type -layer and find the states that way.

LMAN for versions

Just type -layer and explore the options.

Thank you for your help. I tested this and didn't get the results I wanted. What I think we're going to do to solve this problem is write a script for each layer state and load the script. Thankfully one of my colleagues knows how to write scripts.

Thank you for your help. I tested this and didn't get the results I wanted. What I think we're going to do to solve this problem is write a script for each layer state and load the script. Thankfully one of my colleagues knows how to write scripts.

Worth a try. Sorry it didn't work.

Well, as it turns out, I think alanjt was right, I just wasn't following his directions very well. The "-layer" command didn't work for me but I did stumble on the layer states manager icon in v2007 and found all of my states that I had created for a drawing in v2009. Now all of my hard work will not have gone to waste. Thank you for your help.

Well, as it turns out, I think alanjt was right, I just wasn't following his directions very well. The "-layer" command didn't work for me but I did stumble on the layer states manager icon in v2007 and found all of my states that I had created for a drawing in v2009. Now all of my hard work will not have gone to waste. Thank you for your help.

The important part is that it works. :)