TurboCAD exported drawing - issues

busseynova

Hi,

my client wants to give me TurboCAD files exported to DWG to edit and use. They are in a pretty wired format and there are a couple of issues, please see if you can help me get over them as I'm not so clued up when it comes to annotated drawings like these.

1) The drawings consist of a 3D model in the model space and 2D layouts (not done with viewports) on the layouts - these are drawn to scale:ouch: at 2:1. Not such a problem in instelf, but when I try and put on new dimensions they are at full scale. is there anyway of setting up AutoCAD so I'll be drawing to scale? So input and dimensions all display at (in this case) twice the size of their actual size.

2) Whenever I select one of the existing dimensions, there is a huge pause where the drawing is effectively frozen. I don't know what AutoCAD is thinking about here, but it doesn't seem to happen in any other drawings. When I got rid of a lot of the layouts and purged everything the lag improved, but was still there.

Any light you can shed on these is much appreciated!

Thanks.

drawing 3.dwg

In older AutoCADs you can adjust the dimension style to use the desired Scale factor, under the Dimension stile > Primary units. Check if that can be achieved in your software.

Far as that Freezing goes,,,,

Had a friend who used TC quite a bit. I could export and Acad drawing TO him, but his were problems when they came here. He said they lag-time is due to being rushed and getting a certain drawing off to me too quickly. They have some sort of a Purge style, that often does not get used. Says smack in his manual 100% compatible with Acad drawings (but at 1/4 the cost).

I know his text has to go through a find and use thissa one system, which cannot be seen. And was the big delay here.

Wm.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies by the way. I decided not to go ahead with the job, too much headache and not in the direction I want to go. Just got moved onto a 4 day week though so I may live to regret it!

At least you are asking "In advance" to needs instead of requiring some instant solution.

(Only working one day per week here)

Wm.