"AutoCad has stopped working" message

airrace

AutoCad LT 2009...Appears to load normally but the cursor is not visible on the screen. It is only visible on the very bottom, (gray area) of the screen accompanied by the Windows 7 rotating "waiting" circle. The cirlce appears/disappears at a very high rate (maybe 20 times a second). Finally a message appears on the drawing screen stating "AutoCad has stopped working" and offers the options of closing the program or "debugging". The debugging option doesn't do a thing...kind of like the "door close" button in an elevator...it's there, but probably isn't hooked up to anything...just makes you feel better!

I don't have the option of reloading autocad. Any suggestions?

I don't have the option of reloading autocad. Any suggestions?

Did it ever work on this machine?

If so, what has changed since it stopped working? (have you installed any other software, Windows Updates.... )

Why can't you simply put in the disk and do a repair or uninstall/reinstall? You do have a legal disk, right? You did make a back-up install disk, right?

By your question I assume no. Lesson learned. When you purchase 2010 be sure to burn a back-up disk and keep in a separate location.

Is AC LT 09 a 32-bit version? What about Win7?

Do the computer specs match or exceed that recommended by AutoDesk?

Did 2009 run correctly at all at any time prior to this?

Why no option to reload? No DVD?

Oops...looks like JDM got here before me.