Paperspace layouts switching to portrait

Suzaku

Hi Guys,

I am in dire need of assistance with AutoCAD 2009 I posted this question in another forum and had no responses so maybe someone here can ninja this question. We have a huge vault of old CAD drawings and the issue that we keep running into is that once some of these drawings are plotted and the drawings is re-saved the paper space layouts are flipping from landscape to portrait ignoring the default plot settings.

So we end up having to go to each paper space tab and individually switch each page back to landscape and then save, after that the drawings is usually good and won't repeat the problem but it's a real hassle as some of these drawings have a few dozen pages.

Is there any way to remedy this from happening or at the very least is there a way to select all the paperspace tabs and switch the page orientaion of all of them in one shot? I've been searching for quite sometime and can't find anyone else running into this issue and I'm at my wits end trying to figure out something that to me seems as though it should be much easier, i.e. highlighting all the tabs and changing the settings for the bunch but alas CAD does not allow this.

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help with this vexation.

I don't see how the layouts are changing from landscape to portrait mysteriously all on their own. Figure that out and you wouldn't need the fix.

Want to share one of these with someone here so we can troubleshoot the problem with an actual messed-up drawing file?

Edited by ReMark

Just to be clear, your saving the layout in the "plot setup manager" and not setting up the paper space in the plot window right?

I don't see how the layouts are changing from landscape to portrait msyteriously all on their own. Figure that out and you wouldn't need the fix.

Want to share aone of these with someone here so we can troubleshoot the problem with an actual messed-up drawing file?

Thanks for the reply. Well it is a bit random but what I have noticed is that we can get the file to plot to PDF the first time and after that if you save manually or if there is an autosave that happens after the plot that is when the layouts will all flip from landscape to portrait, I've also noticed that the files all seem to have been created in AutoCAD 2004 but again only some of them exhibit the problem.

Unfortunately I'm not allowed to post any of our work files which kind of kills the whole assistance thing. Most everyone in the department has just been dealing with it and have basically given up which I'm close to doing myself which is why I figured if we can't avoid the initial problem perhaps there was a way of changing all layouts back to landscape in one go but alas I'm guessing this is a no go.

Just to be clear, your saving the layout in the "plot setup manager" and not setting up the paper space in the plot window right?

Thanks for replying. That's correct the layouts are using a printer/plotter configuration setup in the "page setup manager" which is the same configuration file used as the "default plot settings for new drawings" section under options which is what has always puzzled me.

• 3 years later...

hello!

i have a problem with layouts.

i got file where layouts (in page setup manager) are set on portrait (drawing orientation) but i see landscape which is ok (viewport i.e. print is in landscape orientation) and margins are not on the right place (and print is not ok).

if i change it to landscape then everything is ok and print is ok.

if i switch it back to portrait then he switch orientation to portrait.

my question is why acad show me in original setup portrait as landscape?

when i change it on landscape and send it back to other user (colleague who send me file) this layout is not printed as it should be (we use dwg to pdf printer).

why do we see diferent orientation?

edit:

i forgot to say that i use pmp file for A0 format and i do not know what setting my colleague use.

we have lots of layouts to set so i need help how to synchronize our layouts for print.

thank you

Dusko experienced the same problem on a series of dwgs to PDF they were old dwgs intermittent problem 2004 ? some worked others we resorted to turning upside down to work it was a margin problem. Maybe wblock the dwgs and try again.

cheers!

we solve it but i'm not shure what was the problem.

when i opened original file on colleague cad 2012 everything was normal (landscape was marked as landscape, not portrait like on my 2010cad>jpg). but what heppened afte i changed original file on my computer to landscape, margin setup on colleague cad changed.

maybe problem occur because he saves files in 2004 and i save it to 2010 version?

those are 25MB architectural drawings and lots of people working on them.

in one situation we had problem with corrupted 150MB file that we got from "who knows where". we lost all day to shrink it to 5MB with purge-reggapps-audit-insert-explode process.

1_1.jpg

Edited by dusko
lots of reasons