CTRL + arrows moves cursor

Crazy J

I just realized that by holding CTRL and then using the arrow keys, the cursor will move around your screen. If you are in some isometric view, the cursor still moves the direction w/rt your monitor, but by watching the coordinates change, you are only actually moving the cursor in X and Y as Z stays at 0.0000 the whole time.

At first I thought "hey, I just learned a new trick." But then I got thinking about when or where I might use this trick, and I could not come up with any situations where it would be helpful. (like in Powerpoint, you would use this to move an object a smaller amount then just the plain arrows move it) By using this during an active command, it will not OSNAP to any points, so I am at a loss.

Anyone have any thoughts on what this might be useful for?

Computers have done this for years (even before microsoft believe it or not).

It used to be a quick way to navigate around a document before ram memory got bigger and shortcut keys became the norm.

Even now most programmes will let you change an 'arrow keys' setting so you dont even have to press 'ctrl'

If you don't have an external mouse for a laptop this would be much quicker than dealing with that stupid pad.

Oh yeah, I agree with you and NukeCad, but since it won't let you CTRL arrow to an osnap, I still can't see why. I also agree that in so many other programs, using CTRL + arrow or just the arrows is a much better way to get around, whether you have a regular mouse or a laptop touchpad.

. . . . I can't imagine trying to do any CAD work with a touchpad... I've never had that pleasure:)