Bill Of Material in AutoCAD MEP 2010

Bang

Hello, I have been looking for something that will give me a BOM in AutoCAD MEP 2010. I have tried the built in Schedules options for piping and cannot seem to get it to work. Help? I need a schedule that will show the quantity, size, length, & description.:?:

After playing around with it for a better part of the day I managed to figure out how to get what I am needing, still got some tweeking to do, Thank you. By chance is there an option to do Spooling in MEP, something similar to what QuickPen can do? Thanks again.

I've seen QuickPen and heard of it, but I cannot answer that question, sorry. Glad you got it working for ya. Just search PSD's (Property Set Data)'s this is where the money is when it comes to scheduling anything in AutoCAD MEP.

Hey thanks again. I am sure there will be more questions to follow. I really am liking this MEP program and all the things that can be done with it. We currently use AutoCAD Architecture 2008 with QuickPen.

• 2 weeks later...

Would you mind explaining how you were able to accomplish this? I've been trying off and on for a few days with not much luck. Thanks.

• 1 month later...

You should look into another MEP HVAC and Mechanical offering that embeds 100% native AutoCAD MEP objects so that you are always fully interoperable without relying on object viewers, etc... The company is called EastCoast CAD/CAM. Our offices are in Littleton, MA. I am the company's Chief Operating Officer and have been partneriing with Autodesk for the past four years building this release. Most important our offerings have a variety of tools and facilities that were designed and optimized specific to the HVAC and Mechanical detailer's requirements.. such as our spool drawing engine. Let me know if you'd like any more information or visit our website...

My company is looking at your software right now. I have yet to get a copy of this to play with. As I understand it we are going to be going with East Coast CAD. I really am excited to be using your software and am hearing great things about it.....

My purpose for asking the questions I had asked was to see what all I can do with the base MEP program.

Thanks you for the information and I will be checking out your web site.

My sense is that because our software runs inside AutoCAD MEP and our objects are 100% AutoCAD MEP there is good extensible value to taking this approach.

I'll be very interested in hearing the results (as I am sure there are others) to your company's internal review of our software solution.

Dave

AutoCAD MEP is powerful software, and with the right tools and content it is even more powerful.

Steven Micaletti

Virtual Mechanical

Design Build Software & Content For AutoCAD MEP

Edited by Tiger
removed link

• 5 months later...