zoom extents doesn't work

salmonrose

When I do 'ze', AutoCAD zooms to the top left hand corner of my drawing. If I start a new drawing, 'ze' works fine. How come?

Thanks.

Sounds like you have something located far away in the drawing.

I was about to suggest the same.

But, I usually do a Z then wait three seconds and then do the next command. Acad can get confused if too fast.

Wm.

I have this happen fairly often with drawings from customers. I call it objects in hyperspace. Things that don't show in the drawing, but are there. What I do is "ERASE", select or type in "ALL" at the command line, then do an "R" for "REMOVE", do window or crossing over what you want to keep, then "ENTER". Now "ZOOM EXTENTS". Should work, it works for me 99% of the time.

I'm no expert, so if the others think this is not a safe move, let me know.

Glenn

USA

I have this happen fairly often with drawings from customers. I call it objects in hyperspace. Things that don't show in the drawing, but are there. What I do is "ERASE", select or type in "ALL" at the command line, then do an "R" for "REMOVE", do window or crossing over what you want to keep, then "ENTER". Now "ZOOM EXTENTS". Should work, it works for me 99% of the time.

I'm no expert, so if the others think this is not a safe move, let me know.

Glenn

USA

I do it all the time; you would be amazed how many 'blank' texts and other objects can get out there.

If there are a lot of them then deleteing them like this will also reduce your filesize.

Of course there are things like SUPERPURGE that will purge them for you, but not everybody has that.