How long do new posts stay in 'new posts'?

Crazy J

Just wondering. I haven't noticed a pattern yet. I like to read all the new posts that I can, but also don't always have the chance or time to be going into the forum as much as maybe I'd like to be.

In theory a post is marked as "new" until you log out. When you log in again, the "new post" marks points the post made since your last visit.

Sometimes I see all the posts as "old" (meaning no new posts) but it must be a local issue since nobody else reported it.

If I'm logged in to cadtutor for a while, then the posts do lose their "New post" status without me doing anything, say I logged in at 09:30 even if I didn't look at a single post, if I haven't done anything by 09:45 I lose all the new status notifications except those made within the last 5 mins.

This happens to me too. Kind of frustrating at times cause I want to learn all I can, but, I really don't have time to read all the posts anyway.

Glen

There is a time-out of 15 minutes on user logins. This is necessary so that the system can keep track of who's online and who is not. The best way to see a list of all the posts in the last 24 hours is to use the Quick Links > Today's Posts option. Hope this helps.

The best way to see a list of all the posts in the last 24 hours is to use the Quick Links > Today's Posts option. Hope this helps.

Yes, this does help. I'd not yet explored the Quick Links. Would it be set to my own time zone? Most evenings after the family's in bed, I get my best chance to read up on the day's postings. This method would allow me to take a glance at just about everything at once!

Thanks!

Forget what I asked about the time zone :oops: I see you said 24 hours, and when I went there for myself, I realized it as well....

thanks again