Dynamic block w/ visability attribute???

erratic

is this possible??? I can't seem to find anything indicating yes or no...

essentially I want a pull down option for an attributed text field that obviously may or may not be needed every time the block is inserted as well as being a varied field of text... any thoughts or suggestions????

and on a side note - anybody got an easy explanation/ method on using a lookuptable with vis states for having say a double fly-out instead of several individual vis states for similar, but different options...?

:?

well from the looks of it this may not be a possibility for me...

there have been a lot of "lookers" in this thread, but no comments...

I guess I'll wait (hopefully not in vain) and aim for another solution in the meantime.

for a description of what I am trying to do:

basically your typical equipment tag/ detail reference/ etc. have some optional text needed from time to time - i.e. (n)ew (e)xisting (d)emo (typ) (sim) (ref) (see) - and of course the custom text option I'd like in an attribute via a pull down.

I have set up dynamic versions of these type of blocks we have here with several vis states for the options I'd like, but the attribute one escapes me.

anybody have any ideas? thoughts? suggestions? or simply a clarification that I am SOL???????

8)

I don't fully understand what you need but it seems possible, for every extra attribute you need you add a visibility state?

Maybe post the block you already have as an example.

from past experience it is not a good idea to have visibilty states and attributes together. Somewhere along the way AutoCAD gets confused although this may be sorted on newer versions that I have tried. How about using a wipeout with a visibility state to hide the attribute though?