Linetype creation

\\shorty//

Tell me if im pushing my luck, but is it possible to create a linetype that will have a centred arrow (basically showing direction of flow) and also text above the line. I am in the process of upgrading to 2010 from 2004 lt, so dont know the capabilities of 2010, and if its possible.

Thanks

I am not sure about the arrow, but I created this some time ago to help myself when I need to create a linetype:

*(Linetype),(Description)
A,(Dash size),(Space between first set of dashes and text),["(Text)",(Text style),S=(Text size),R=(rotation),X=(x distance),Y=(y distance)],(space between text and second set of dashes)

In the parenthesis is a description of what each value controls, replace the description with your values, and remove the parenthesis, boom, custom linetype. Controling the x & y distance of whatever you want the text to be will make the text you want appear above the line. Perhaps there is a certain text code to invoke an arrow within your linetype? I don't have time this morning to check it out, but maybe someone else here does. If not, I can try this afternoon.

edit: I don't know about the capabilities of 04 LT, but I used this for full 2004 and it worked, so long as you can make custom line types in LT, it will work for whichever version you are using.

• 3 weeks later...

cant get this to work on 2010. i tried to create a line and an arrow shape which i place at the centre of the lin, but it results in a dashed line. any help welcome

Super Member NBC came up with this as a solution to another member's request for a linetype with an arrow. It gets you at least partway to your goal.

*Arrow,arrow

A,0.5,["