Filter nested Items In blocks

[Cerberus]

Hello,

I have been searching for a solution to a problem I am having. I currently have approx 70 blocks that were created by exporting ortho views from a mechanical desktop model. Unfortunatly the layers were not moved from AM_VIS and AM_HID and all the colors are in a HEX format (XXX, XXX, XXX). It is causing havoc with our pen styles so I would like to be able to filter by color and then asign to the correct layers.

The problem is I can not filter inside of the blocks that are created, and I would have to use the block editor on each one and use filter there. Is there any way I can filter object by color that are nested so I can change each individual color to the correct layer across all blocks at the same time?

I have just about resorted myself to setting some time aside to manually fix all of these unless I can find a better way.

Thank You

are the colors in these settings causing any problems with the solview command by any chance? how are you changing the colors out, just selecting a different one? How are you detecting which parts have the wrong color?

What I do now, is when I export a 3d model to 2D cad, it comes in on either AM_VIS or AM_HID and the colors are exported from Mechanical desktop as xx,xx,xx (maybe it is RGB color code) instead of just color 45 or "green".

The problem I have is our company pen style does not know how to print these hex colors in just solid black. So what I have been doing when I export things, is I will filter each color (which represents a different part in an assembly) out, and put it on the desired layer, and then set the color to "by layer".

The filter command works very well at this as long as everything is just lines and not a block. I had to go back and rework a bunch of blocks and was hoping I could find a way to filter stuff in blocks as well without using REFEDIT on each one.

What I ended up doing was pulling all these blocks into another file, exploded them all, used filter to put the appropriate colors on the appropriate layers and use "block" to remake all of them.