One more with model space / paper space linetype confusion

the-trooper

Hello everyone!

I have a little problem, have searched forum for answer and proposed solutions do exact the opposite of what i need. Dashed line in question, as you might have guessed.

I draw in model space; everything looks fine

I set up my layouts with viewports; everything looks fine

But now, i need to draw a dashed line on paper space, and that is not fine! ON paper space not in viewports.

It’s spacing is much larger, than the ones in viewports.

What i found on this forum suggests:

MSLTSCALE to 1

But then it looks continuous in model

Setting PSLTSCALE to 1

But then it looks continuous in viewports

So i set them both back to 0. Seems to me these variables affect only scaling in viewports but not on the paper space itself. What am i missing?

Here is a one and a half minute video so you can see just what i’m talking about, and what i need it to look like. Layer with red, dashed lines in question.

http://www.box.net/shared/15u80blaqb

Oh, LTSCALE, always 1.

Thanks in advance!

When Msltscale is set to 1 the linetypes display at the Cannoscale setting in Model Space on the Model tab- When Psltscale is set to 1 the linetypes display at the Viewport scale setting in the viewports.

BTW... the Psltscale is not global, if edited it must be done per Layout tab

... Still don't know what i should do to force dashed lines on paper space to be equally spaced as those in viewport :cry:

I don't work in metric so I'm not entirely sure, but I notice your vport scale is 1:50. Looking at the properties in Scalelist edit shows that as being 1 paper millimeter= 50 drawing meters. Is this typical? A ratio 1 to 50,000 seems odd. Shouldn't 1:50 be 1 paper millimeter= 0.05 drawing meters?

I also notice that your commode is drawn at approx. 60 units- I would assume a unit would be a centimeter. This doesn't seem to jibe with the viewport scale. Maybe you ought to look at the actual viewport scaling.

ok I got it, it's just a quick fix mind you. Bring up the properties dialogue box on your paperspace line and set the linetype scale to 0.02 then it'll show up exactly the same as the one in your viewport.

Half way there! :)

You are right lpseifert, it's a scaling problem! I work in metric, in centimeters. When started to work i just created my title blocks in centimeters, when plotting from layouts set plot scale to 1:0.1, and plotted result looked OK. But i see the wrongness of my way :)

Now i created new rectangle for A4 in millimeters and new scales, for 1:100 – 1 paper unit = 10 drawing units; for 1:50 – 1 paper unit = 5 drawing units.

That sorted out my scales. Oh man, i'll have to go through all my annotative stuff, text styles, dim styles… Damn... :wacko:

But, now i have a new problem. Spacing of lines in layouts, and on paper space, is bigger than in model space. Any way off forcing them to show the same spacing as in model space? Dwg attached.

MSPSLT.jpg

MSPSScaling-2-2007.dwg

I mucked around with the linetype of the red line (changed it to ISO Dashed) and got it to display the same in both viewports. Then changed it back to the TV linetype (Bylayer) and they displayed properly. Go figure... maybe it's something in the TV linetype definition.

I mucked around with the linetype of the red line (changed it to ISO Dashed) and got it to display the same in both viewports.

Viewports? They display the same in both viewports for me too. I want spacing of that line in viewports, and on paper space to be equal to model space. Now it's much "bigger", no matter what line type i try.

Can that be done, or did i mess up some other scale variable...

I mucked around with the linetype of the red line (changed it to ISO Dashed) and got it to display the same in both viewports.

Could you please attach that dwg, i cant get dashed lines to display same in model space and paper space no matter what. I tried with blank new drawing, without custom linetypes, and againg, spacing of lines in paper space is much bigger then in modelspace.

I created a new layer 'test' using the Iso Dash linetype

Increased the length of the red line... like I mentioned before I think it's in the TV linetype definition - in the 100 scale viewport the line was too short to display properly.

ACAD-MSPSScaling-2-2007.dwg