Network license question

MikeP

At work I have XP office, and at home I have Windows 7. What I want to be able to do is load my CAD 2009 license on our work server and me able to use my CAD when Im at my desk, and then when I get home. Is this possible?

Read the EULA... I think if you have a subscription you can do what you want. That may be for stand-alone licenses though.

Also you can 'borrow' a license- try Borrowlicense at the command line. Better read about it first.

If you have a network licence you may be able to remotely access the licence approval part of starting up autocad.

You propably need VPN a internet link that allows you to see a network computer say from home. I have used this but with local pc acad good because files get saved back to server.

The Autocad network licence controls how many copies you can have open at one time so wether at home or office you can only run as many as allowed.

Search here though as Lpseifert I am sure I have seen something in the licence agreement about running at office and home with using the transfer option.

Technically speaking, as long as you have a good network connection to the server on which the license manager is running, you can obtain a network license. It doesn't matter if you are in the same building or halfway around the world.

So if you home is not part of your office WAN, you will need to establish a connection via VPN. To borrow a license, you must have a connection also.

i ask my compamy IT guys to set me with acad on home computer and there did.

had to add a network connection to it. so i can do work at home and be connected to are company sever.

bruce