How to add a centerline?

SFG13

Hi,

I tried to add a centerline to the center of a drawing I created but got lost when the help menu said for "step 4. In the Size box, enter the length of the centerline overshoot. Click OK." :unsure:

Can you be a bit more specific with your problem?

If it's just a simple centre line you wish to draw then all you need to do is draw a line snapping from the midpoints and then stretch it 'x' amount to gain your 'overshoot'. Then in your propeties for the line change the line type to centre.

Hope this helps.

Hi Tankman and Fire_col,

I wish I could follow what you both are saying, but unfortunately I'm like a 2yr old still confused.

Tankman:

So if I just draw a hortizontal line, how do I change it to a center line or adjust it? :?

Fire_col:

Do I draw a line from midpoint to one end...?? Stetch it to gain overshoot? I drew a line, right clicked for the poperties, but on the linetype option I can only choose ByLayer, ByBlock, and Continuous, I can't locate Centerline anywhere? :?

I was able to locate the linetype by clicking on Dimension style manager, linetype other and selecting Center. Now I understand! Thanks!

You may not have other linetypes loaded, use the LINETYPE command, and load the centerline, hidden line, etc. Then create a layer called centerline, assign the centerline linetype, set that layer current, and draw lines.

• 4 years later...
I was able to locate the linetype by clicking on Dimension style manager, linetype other and selecting Center. Now I understand! Thanks!

I think this program could help you. See following image, only one click, the centerline is created, with appropriate layer settings.

15012714537354f97dc5209c2a.gif

Find more: http://www.zwsoft.com/zwcad_forum/thread-3941-1-1.html

This post dates back to 2010 and I'm sure the OP has since figured it out given the replies he received. The OP was also using AutoCAD 2009 so showing him how to do it in Zwcad doesn't really help him or anyone else using AutoCAD. Your post does not seem relevant.