Stress Analysis Help

mingyar

Hello, I've been reading and learning from this forum for a long time, but now I have a question and I cant find the answer, I tried the inventor help but It doesn't have a very good answer. Im using Inventor 2010 for making a stress analysis on a assembly, what I need to find out is how to apply a force in a limited area on a surface, for example apply a force on a 10x10 area from a 40x40 steel plate, can you give me some advise? thanks :)

Welcome aboard. What you want to do is use a split line. Say you have your part, start a 2d sketch either on its surface(if planar) or off the surface on a work plane. Draw the area you wish to apply force to(10x10). Exit your sketch and use the Split function. What this will do is make that small area on the face selectable when you are creating your forces in the simulation.

If you need additional info/screen shots just let me know.

Thanks for your quick reply, I try what you suggest but now im having a error screen: "Stress analysis currently does not support multi-body parts.

Consider combining them into a single-body part or promoting them into an assembly"

Do you have any idea about this?

thanks again

Ok now I play around with the split options and now I figure it out what was wrong, im still have to play more with those options to see the differences.

thanks again for your help

I guess you figured out to only split the face into two faces - not split the part into two parts.

If you have trouble zip and attach your file here.

I guess you figured out to only split the face into two faces - not split the part into two parts.

If you have trouble zip and attach your file here.

Thats what I figured out, that there are 3 options to split and I have to use the split face.

Thanks

Were you able to get the results you were looking for?

Yes shift, I was able to get the results that I was looking for, thanks for your help.

:)